Marlig Fix A Leak
Marlig Fix A Leak "The Original" by Marlig Industries #1 In Repairing Those Hard To Find Spa and Pool Leaks!
- is a blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material
- can be applied for leaks in the shell and works equally well in the plumbing
- will seal holes 1/8" in diameter will form a permanent seal
Recommended By Most Spa & Pool Manufacturers, Service Technicians and Dealers
Recommended Amounts: Use 1 quart per pool up to 22,000 gallons. For Spa/Hot Tub use 8oz - 1 quart(32oz) per 400 gallons
Directions for Spa/Hot Tub (Shake Well Before Using)
- Remove FILTER(s) before adding FIX-A-Leak to spa/hot tub water.
- With all pumps, jets and heater running on high speed add 8oz of FIX-A-LEAK slowly through water filter compartment. (you may need to repeat these steps again so you may want more than 8oz)
- After intial 8oz dose run all pumps for approximately 1 hour.
- During that hour visit the spa several times making sure you keep the fix a leak in suspension in the water inside the spa. Since Fix A Leak is a heavy substance some of it will sink to the floor of the spa, so make sure you stir the water with something that will keep it in suspension like a broom. Make sure what ever you use will not scratch spa shell.
- Wait approximately 4-6 hours and recheck the water level.
- If it took you more than 4-6 hours to notice the lower water level before you applied Fix A Leak wait and check at that time. If the water level has lowered repeat steps 2-4. If the water level has not lowered mark the level of the water in spa, run the pumps on their normal cycles and check after 48 hours to determine if the leak has stopped for sure.
- After the leak has stopped drain the spa and let the spa cure/dry 24-48 hrs.
- Do not use a shop vac or anything else to clean out plumbing.
- Just drain what you can and let the spa sit.
- If your leak has not stopped after 32 ounces your spa is not repairable with fix a leak. Your hole must be bigger than an 1/8 of an inch or the leak is not on an applicable surface.
*NOTE* Never allow filter cartridges or DE elements to dry before they are cleaned. Rinse clean with water.
DIRECTIONS FOR SWIMMING POOL (Shake Well Before Use)
- Bypass the FILTER MEDIA before adding FIX-A-Leak to pool water. Sand Filters: set filter valve to recirculate Other Types: remove cartridges DE elements from filter tank. Then proceed to circulate through empty tank.
- With pump running add FIX-A-LEAK slowly through skimmer or in front of any other suction intake.
- After adding FIX-A-LEAK adjust suction to main drain. If this is not possible, the vacuum cleaner could be used alternatively, simply by placing the vacuum in deepest part of pool and connect to normal vacuum connection. Set filter valve to normal vacuum position.
- FIX-A-Leak is very heavy and will sink to the lowest point rather quickly. It must be stirred back into suspension, either manually using a pool broom or mechanically with an automated pool cleaner every 4-6 hrs. during circulation of water.
- Continue to recirculate water until the leak has stopped.
- Mark level of water in pool and check for 2-3 days to determine if the leak has stopped.
- After the leak has stopped and given the proper time to cure. You may return to normal filtration.
*NOTE* Never let filter cartridges or DE elements be left to dry before they are cleaned.