ShockChek Pool and Spa Test Strips is the fast, easy way to determine if you need to shock (or superchlorinate) your pool or spa. Shocking is a necessary maintenance step that keeps the water clear of harmful contaminants that can cause irritation and spread water-borne illnesses.
WHY IS SHOCKING NECESSARY?
- To clear cloudy water
- To restore water quality
- To kill and prevent algae and bacteria
- To oxidize water contaminants and skin irritants
WHEN IS SHOCKING NECESSARY?
- After heavy bather loads
- After heavy rains or storms
- Weekly, unless water conditions change
- As recommended by dealer or service professional
- When the ShockChek test results indicate time to shock